Dr. Phonexay Lala Simon
Doctor of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine – Licensed Acupuncturist – East Asian Medicine Practitioner
Hi, I’m Phonexay and I’m one of the lead Acupuncture providers at Rebel Med NW located in the Ballard neighborhood of Seattle, WA. I’ve been practicing for 6 years now and I love that each day that I practice brings about a new adventure.
When I’m not working, I am busy raising our 5 year old son and 2 year old daughter. After that, I’m supporting my husband Dr. Andrew Simon as we both manage our bustling integrative clinic.
As a healer, I seek to guide my patients back to their own source of health. Although I utilize acupuncture as my primary modality, it is not about acupuncture– it is about the patients and their process.
Our bodies all have the capacity to heal. I strive to catalyze change in patients by helping them find their inner source of energy and inspiration. This is where the healing process begins.
As I tried to define what I wanted to do in life, I always knew that I wanted to make a difference in the world and to help others heal mentally, physically, and spiritually. I live to be an integral source of compassion and kindness for my patients and my community.
I also enjoy the practices of tarot and astrology. Whereas these practices began as a hobby, I am now figuring out how to integrate them into my practice with patients. I believe that medicine must be able to address the physical and spiritual needs of the human experience, and although not all of my patients need this style of medicine, I am ready to offer my expertise when they do.
Acute and Chronic Pain
Life Changes and Challenges
I specialize in headaches & migraines, digestive disorders, some degrees of mental health such as depression/anxiety and other mood disorders, and acute & chronic pain. I also offer cosmetic acupuncture and fertility/pregnancy services such as acupuncture inductions and natural fertility support.
Licenses and Associations
- East Asian Medical Practitioner- Washington State
- Licensed Acupuncturist- Washington State
- National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (NCCAOM)
- Washington East Asian Medicine Association (WEAMA)- Washington State
- Doctor of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine – April 2020
- Oregon College of Oriental Medicine
- Master of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine – June 2013
- Bastyr University
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology – December 2009
- Western Washington University
Volunteer and Internship Experience
- Bastyr Center for Natural Health- (Seattle, WA)
- Harborview Chronic Fatigue and Fibromyalgia Clinic- (Seattle, WA)
- Harborview International Clinic- (Seattle, WA)
- St. Vincent’s Assisted Living Community- (Seattle, WA)
- Evergreen Treatment Services Center, NADA Protocol- (Seattle, WA)
- Chengdu TCM Hospital- (Chengdu, China)
- Shanghai TCM Hospital- (Shanghai, China)
- Acupuncture Relief Project Bimphedi Clinic- (Bimphedi, Nepal)
- Ballard NW Senior Center – (Seattle, WA)